Operators understand the importance of lubrication in keeping their heavy equipment on the job and running smoothly. That’s why Automatic Lubricant Systems (ALS) are becoming more commonplace for agriculture, mining and construction equipment.
This article reviews Automatic Lubricant Systems and their influence on heavy equipment.
What is ALS and How Does It Work?
An ALS is a method to safely and precisely lubricate machine parts. Providing an effective way to get grease to exactly where it’s needed.
An ALS is a type of pump installed on equipment in a centralised and easily accessible location.
Small measured amounts of grease are dispersed at intervals to multiple points while machinery is operating, maintaining a uniform supply of lubricant to machine parts at all times. Providing a lubricant seal which prevents dirt and contaminants from causing problems.
Heavy Equipment Applications:
The agriculture industry understands the benefits and value of ALS for farm equipment and is installed on all types of heavy equipment, including:
- Forage harvesters
- Dump trucks
- Manure spreaders
To remain competitive, the construction industry relies on well-maintained fleets of mobile heavy equipment. ALS protects equipment such as:
- Road grinders
ALS is widely used in the mining industry, offering maximum on-road time and increased revenue. Commonly installed in heavy vehicles such as:
- Haul trucks
- Dump trucks
- Wheel loaders
The Benefits of ALS for Heavy Equipment:
- Reducing component replacement costs: ALS maintains a continuous film of lubricant at key points, which protect components, so they don’t need to be replaced as regularly. Saving your business money.
- Sustains equipment operating life: Properly greased components last longer meaning your heavy machinery can work longer. By delivering lubricant more frequently and more effectively, components are consistently protected.
- Improving employee safety is the priority these days and one of the greatest benefits of ALS is increased employee safety. It eliminates or at least reduces the often hazardous task of manually greasing difficult to reach locations on heavy equipment.
- Less impact on the environment by applying the right amount of lubricant rather than purging a point until grease drips on the ground.
- Improved performance of brake components and reduction in “fifth wheel steer” creates a safer operating environment and minimizes costly incidents.
- Increased vehicle resale value through the documented history of component protection and maintenance.
- Extended time between vehicle and equipment maintenance episodes, ALS protects components more effectively, so are kept in better working order and therefore last longer.
Automatic Lubricant Systems (ALS) provide plenty of benefits for heavy equipment and as a result have become commonplace in the agriculture, construction and mining industries.
Are you enjoying the benefits of ALS?
Contact the team at Lubecore, we provide ALS solutions designed to protect your equipment and ultimately your organisation’s bottom line. Get in touch.